2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT R at the Chicago Auto Show
Standing out even within the high-class Mercedes-Benz brand, the GT R sports coupe exudes power and performance. This sporty model turned heads from all around as it was put on display at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show. Featured in an eye-catching color, the display was the talk of the show.
Here at Loeber Motors, we were lucky enough to get an up-close, first-hand look at the 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT-R and its impressive new features and elements when it was put on display at McCormick Place. Learn more about some of the powerhouse of a car’s capabilities and new elements and see it for yourself below!
- First-ever 9-mode AMG TRACTION CONTROL
- Handcrafted AMG 4.0-liter V8 Biturbo with dry-sump lubrication
- 577 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque
- Top speed 198 mph / 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds
- Aggressive aerodynamics and advanced cooling system
- Wider front and rear fenders
- Exclusive new AMG Green Hell Magno exterior color option
- New Panamericana Grille
- Prominent central exhaust outlet
- Carbon fiber utilized to lower the model’s center of gravity and add torsional rigidity
For more information about this impressive new model, be sure to check out the rest of our blog here at Loeber Motors or consult our impressive library of model reviews and research. Our knowledgeable staff is also here to help you with any questions or inquiries you may have. Just give us a call or contact us online and we’ll be happy to help.
What do you think of the 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT R on display at the Chicago Auto Show? Let us know in the comments below!