How to Test Drive a New Vehicle
If you’re in the market for a new vehicle, you probably already know that deciding on a make and model can be a difficult process. But once you’ve narrowed down your options, you come to the point where it’s time to make a real decision. Before you ride off into the sunset behind the wheel of your new vehicle, one key factor to get out of the way is the test drive. This is your big chance to get all the details you need to decide whether a vehicle really is right for you.
You can research a vehicle all day and night, but it won’t be as telling as actually getting behind the wheel. Here at Loeber Motors, we understand the importance of the test drive, which is why we’ve compiled a list of tips and tricks on how to get the most out of your test drive and decide if a vehicle really is the right choice for you.
Tips for test driving a vehicle
- Check for any leaks or strange noises. This is more an issue with used vehicles than new, but it’s always a good idea to check under the hood to make sure everything is in order.
- Test out the interior. Does it offer enough legroom? Room for passengers and cargo? If you have a family of six, you know a five seater isn’t going to cut it.
- Try out its interior tech. Make sure everything works and that you know how to use it, like the backup camera, navigation system, climate control, etc.
- Get a feel for its acceleration and braking. You can get to know how responsive a vehicle is, and how sensitive its brakes are to see if it suits your driving.
- Take a it for a spin. If you’re normally a highway driver, be sure to take your test drive out onto the highway to get an accurate feel for how you’ll be driving it.
If you’re looking for more information on a particular vehicle, be sure to check out the rest of our blog here at Loeber Motors. You can also view our large variety of Mercedes-Benz, Porsche and smart car model research here on our site.
Once you’re ready for a test drive, just give us a call or schedule an appointment online and we’ll get you behind the wheel in no time.